|Title:||Financial Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Financial Coordinator/Administrative Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||September 28, 2018|
The Financial Assistant will assist with financial reports and budgets, assist with the development and maintenance of financial and other administrative programs policies and procedures, and will be responsible for daily deposits and accounts receivable for all departments. The Assistant will also provide back up for other administrative staff as needed.
- Prepare daily deposits for medical, pharmacy, dental, optical, behavioral health, and other miscellaneous revenue for delivery to Enterprise and Program accounting.
- Reconcile payments received with remittance advice for cash, checks, and ACH payments.
- Reconcile Medicaid remittances.
- Reconcile optical cash.
- Manage Medicaid Administrative Tribal Time Study (MATTS) program.
- Prepare financial reports and distribute to HSD director and/or other staff as requested.
- Prepare billing statements for grants and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Process travel paperwork for division employees and keep track of long distance travel.
- Assist staff with preparation of travel requests and expense reports.
- Assist with other report preparation as requested.
- Assist with budget preparation as requested.
- Assist with policy and procedure development for administrative programs.
- Assist with grant and contract routing as needed.
- Assist with preparation of voucher payment requests for all Human Services departments when needed.
- Assist with payroll and travel check distribution as needed.
- Serve as back up for medical registration desk and reception desk as needed.
- Attend Human Services staff meetings.
- Attend CQI meetings and help with Administrative CQI efforts.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Minimum of two-year accounting or similar degree; or 3 years accounting experience required.
- Experience creating spreadsheets, formulas, and charts with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Experience with financial software is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720