|Title:||Dental Secretary/Receptionist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Closing Date:||December 20, 2018|
- Use accepted dental nomenclature.
- Operate computer and maintain proficiency in Dentrix software.
- Greet dental patient, sales representative and visitors.
- Schedule dental appointments on computer.
- Obtain registration information from new patients.
- Update registration information at each appointment for all patients.
- Direct patients to the medical or main clinic registration desk for eligibility clarification when necessary.
- Obtain completed and signed medical history forms from patients.
- Confirm appointment by telephone and/or card.
- Receive and route incoming phone calls.
- Sort and route mail.
- Type correspondence and necessary forms.
- Inventory and order office supplies.
- Copy materials for dental program.
- File dental charts.
- Assist scheduler/receptionist with maintaining an active recall system and active call list.
- Collect fees for laboratory work as outlined in the eligibility guidelines and issue receipts.
- Reconcile lab slips.
- Set up fluoride testing for individual wells.
- Receive and route samples.
- Send results to doctors and provide patients letters Assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Assist in schedule/receptionist’s duties when scheduler is on leave.
- See scheduler/receptionist position description.
- Attend staff retreats, monthly meetings, and in-service as requested by Dental Coordinator.
- Acquire and maintain CPR certification. Participate in Quality Assurance activities as directed.
- Participate on dental committee as assigned.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Two years of dental business office experience is required, including treatment scheduling.
- Group practice experience preferred.
- Knowledge of dental terminology. Terminology test is required.
- Computer proficiency and keyboarding of minimum 40 wpm.
- Familiarity with Dental software preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720