|Title:||Dental Hygenist, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Dental Coordinator/Staff Dentist|
|Closing Date:||December 20, 2018|
- Greet escort and seat patients.
- Review medical history and check if patient took pre-medication when needed.
- Record preliminary charting of the oral cavity and surrounding structures to include existing restorations, missing teeth, and periodontal charting of pocket depths, mobility and furcations.
- Take process and mount dental x-rays to include intra-oral and panoramic films.
- Apply topical medication and cavity varnishes as prescribed by the dentist.
- Apply pit and fissure sealants as directed by the dentist.
- Administer local anesthetic for selected cases.
- Complete prophylaxis to include scaling, root planning, soft tissue curettage, and mechanical polishing to clinical crowns.
- Provide ultrasonic scaling.
- Remove excess cement from inlays, crowns, bridges and orthodontic appliances with hand instruments.
- Remove sutures. Remove marginal overhangs.
- Take and pour alginate impressions for study and trim models.
- Provide topical fluoride treatments.
- Sharpen perio instruments.
- Complete patient charting of services performed.
- Inform dentist of any special treatment considerations.
- Perform and record blood pressure screenings.
- Sterilize disinfect dental instruments and equipment according of HIS protocol.
- Follow occupational safety guidelines for dental personnel.
- Update list of supplies and equipment needed on supply list. Keep current inventory stocked.
- Clean and organize trays and tubs, and operatory drawers in hygiene room.
- Educate patients on oral health including plaque control instruction, oral appliance care, fluorides, nutrition and diet counseling and preventive dentistry as designated by the dentist.
- Perform oral health screening for community programs as requested and approved by the dentist.
- Assist in identifying dental high-risk groups and initiate preventive planning needs.
- Assist in coordination of fluoride rinse and fluoride tablet program at the Ojibwe School.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring community dental prevention programs, including the annual health fair and National Children’s Dental Health Month activities.
- Assist the receptionist with scheduling patient appointments and other duties as requested.
- Attend continuing education courses as requested by the Dental Coordinator.
- Attend Dental staff meetings.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities.
- Abide by the policies set forth by the Fond du Lac Reservation and Min No Aya Win Human Services Center.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Current Registration as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Minnesota is required.
- CPR certification is required.
- Completion of ADA approved course on Local Anesthesia is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720