|Title:||Deli Clerk, Part Time|
|Location:||FDL Gas & Grocery|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
- Prepare ready-to-go foods.
- Assist with slicing of meats, cheeses and other deli items.
- Operates various deli equipment to include meat and cheese slicers, cutting tools, food scales and all other deli equipment.
- Update price changes and rotate product displays on a regular basis.
- Prepare and serve menu items according to portion guidelines.
- Take phone orders and cater to customer needs, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of delivery and pickups.
- Prepare variety of cold cut deli meats, cheeses, salads and over-the-counter food items.
- Clean equipment, tables and assigned work area.
- Informs supervisor of equipment breakdown or adjustments required.
- Prepares and completes all necessary reports or paperwork as assigned.
- Follows appropriate food handling procedures.
- Follows all procedures on daily duties and closing and opening procedures and ensure that all transactions are correct and all mistakes are noted or fixed.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- sures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- All employees shall thoroughly wash hands and arms with soap and water before starting work and wash hands during work hours as often as may be required to remove soil and contamination as well as after visiting the wash room.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a deli or store setting is preferred.
- Must have Food Handler certification; if not currently certified must become certified within 3 months of hire is required and must maintain certified for duration of employment.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720