|Title:||COVID-19 Health Screener, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 per hour|
The COVID-19 Health Screener is responsible for conducting symptom screening and temperature checks for patients, staff and visitors entering FDL Human Services facilities.
- Greet staff, patients, and visitors.
- Complete COVID-19 screening questions with all individuals entering the building.
- Monitor the flow of people entering the building to ensure appropriated distancing between individuals in accord with the social distancing guidelines.
- Provide additional information or directions to employees, patients or visitors once screening has been completed.
- Ensure that all persons entering FDL Human Services Division premises have temperature taken via screening kiosks. If persons entering are not able to have temperature taken by screening kiosk, the COVID-19 Health Screener will use alternate means including infrared or probe thermometer to ensure that temperatures are taken.
- Ensure all individuals entering the clinics are wearing masks and hand out masks as necessary.
- Encourage all individuals use hand sanitizer prior to entering clinics.
- Conduct infection prevention cleaning and sanitizing of all high touch areas in the screening area, and throughout the infection control red zone.
- Immediately inform appropriate department of staff, patients or visitors who have presented with symptoms, including elevated temperatures, or who have answered unsatisfactorily to screening questions, and obtain further direction on course of action.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required within the protocol for performing COVID-19 screening.
- Solve practical problems and adapt in situations where duties routinely change based on guidance from Public Health Emergency Preparedness Team (PHEP) team, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records, and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Subject to inside and outside weather conditions including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Required to wear PPE for prolonged periods of time.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Healthcare experience (Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) & Registered Nurse (RN)) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720