|Title:||Employee Background Investigator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Human Resources Director|
|Closing Date:||November 28, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.00 to $21.00 per hour|
Conduct background investigations for those applicants, employees, and others subject to Fond du Lac Ordinance #13/94.
- Performs background investigations, to include but not limited to; employees, volunteers, interns, foster care, contracts, site placements, Corp. workers, day care, and respite care providers through the following methods:
- Contacts former employers and character references to verify employment record(s) and review personal background of applicants.
- Examines city directories and public records to review the residential and legal histories of applicants.
- Obtains and reviews credit reports of applicants as directed.
- Performs criminal history investigations of applicants in coordination with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Fingerprints applicants and processes fingerprint data through the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Analyzes information gathered by investigation and prepares a report of findings and recommendations for the Reservation Business Committee.
- Track employee petitions process and inform appropriate parties of procedures and timelines.
- Tracks, maintains, and conducts annual background checks due.
- Audit files for updates needed.
- Maintain manual and electronic file system for background checks.
- Notifies appropriate Division Directors of violations on background check for employees.
- Travels to local agencies during work hours to complete background information.
- Performs drug testing functions in accordance with policy when needed or as directed.
- Performs driver’s license and insurability checks as needed or requested.
- Administers the rehabilitation process under the child related regulations for applicants with prohibitory crimes.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records of employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. A.A or A.A.S is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting background investigations is required.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Training will be provided.
- Adjudication training is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Competency in report writing is required.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality in accordance with Federal Privacy Act and Band policy is required.
- Ability to obtain a gaming identification badge to work in and around Casino property and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720