|Title:||Assistant K-12 School Principal, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Superintendent of Education|
|Closing Date:||October 3, 2018|
- Assumes full responsibility of the school operations in the absence of the regular building principal.
- Directs, evaluates, and facilitates the activities of the school professional and non-professional staff members in the performance of their duties.
- Guides the instructional staff in the development and implementation of curriculum and student activities.
- Assist the Superintendent in determining the needs of the school with respect to personnel, equipment, supplies, and curriculum needs.
- Supervises all supporting services within the school (e.g. Special Education, Gifted and Talented, Bilingual Program, Community Involvement, etc.).
- Assists the Superintendent in developing a program of public relations in order to further the community’s understanding and support of the general school program.
- Implements School Board policy and administrative rules and regulations.
- Directs the preparation of required school reports.
- Develops the school’s master schedule and staff assignments.
- Develops the school’s calendar.
- Schedules staff in-service programs.
- Participates in annual school safety inspections.
- Plans and supervises emergency evacuation procedures.
- Reports all staff absences and secures substitutes.
- Conducts evaluations as required or deemed necessary to all designated staff.
- Recommends building alterations and improvements, school materials and supplies requests, and staffing suggestions.
- Assist in annual planning of the school’s budget process.
- Attends all regular and special School Board meetings.
- Provides monthly reports to the Superintendent and School Board.
- Attends all meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of American Indian Culture.
- Current principals license required/or actively enrolled in an accredited program to obtain administrative licensing.
- Two years teaching experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720