|Title:||Air Program Coordinator, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Environmental Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||June 27, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
Serve as a full-time Air Quality Coordinator who will plan, develop and implement a Tribal Air Program on the Fond du Lac Reservation. Continue air monitoring program; investigate indoor air quality issues; conduct public outreach; establish and maintain relationships with other Tribes, States, and Federal Agencies.
- Coordinate indoor and outdoor air program projects that affect Fond du Lac band members living on or off the Reservation.
- Participate in regional and local workgroups dealing with clean air issues.
- Develop plans specific to Fond du Lac that will reduce reservation air pollutants and protect reservation air quality.
- Assist FDL Air Technician with monitoring duties as needed.
- Compile and analyze data collected from existing monitors.
- Develop new monitoring sites as directed by environmental assessments.
- Participate in Federal policy decisions that affect the FDL Reservation.
- Write grants to supplement FDL air program needs.
- Develop/maintain air quality databases.
- Conduct educational outreach with FDL students and the community.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in life science, physical science, or environmental science; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database development is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines as demonstrated by the timely completion of reports, plans and other types of work is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccination.
- Some travel is required.
The full time position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720