|Title:||Adult Services Worker, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||December 12, 2018|
To provide social work services to eligible American Indian adults living in the Fond du Lac service area by determining service needs; developing service plans; implementing service plans through direct service and/or referral; monitoring clients’ progress; and to perform related duties as assigned
- Accept and process referrals from other providers.
- Interview clients and perform assessments to accurately identify and address needs.
- Write social histories and case activities to document service provision and progress toward goals.
- Write court reports and attend court with the client.
- Must complete assessments and referrals for waiver services.
- Provide crisis intervention and services that include referrals to meet emergency needs for housing, food, clothing or financial assistance.
- Consult and coordinate with appropriate departmental and division staff and community service professionals to develop and provide appropriate and timely services.
- Maintain a current and relevant list and awareness of laws, regulations and policies pertaining to American Indian adult casework Advocate for and advise eligible American Indian adults to address immediate needs including placement and discharge planning when necessary.
- Monitor client progress toward established service goals and determine termination/continuation of service.
- Assist and/or refer client to meet transportation needs.
- Provide family and community education as needed.
- Attend and participate in department and other meetings as directed.
- Determine the likelihood and degree to which persons.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
Normal physical requirements.
- The successful applicant will be qualified through education, training and experience to identify risk factors associated with behavioral health, mental health and substance abuse conditions.
- MSW preferred or a bachelor’s degree in social work or related social science field with two or more years of professional, supervised experience will be considered.
- Documentation of professional interviewing experience; a high level of skill in oral and written communication; and the use of organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and potential special needs of adult clients.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective professional work relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable and insured vehicle is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720