|Title:||Clinical Pharmacist, On Call/Sub|
|Supervisor:||Pharmacy Coordinator/Chief Pharmacist|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Position|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
Clinical pharmacists are experts in the therapeutic use of medications. They work to optimize medication therapy for patients served by Fond du Lac. They provide medication therapy evaluations and recommendations to patients and health care professionals. Clinical pharmacists are the primary source of scientifically valid information regarding the safe, appropriate, and cost effective use of medications. They manage all prescription orders that are sent to, and processed by, Fond du Lac Pharmacies. They must follow all Federal and State laws surrounding pharmacy practice and medication dispensing. Clinical Pharmacists also guide pharmacy support staff to ensure that the team is working to promote health, wellness, and disease prevention.
- Dispense prescription and over the counter medication in a safe/effective manner that meets all Federal/State Law, Accreditation Standards, and Indian Health Service Standards of Pharmacy Practice.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Attempt to provide private medication consultation to all patients who receive dispensed medication. Consultation should include oral and written guidance.
- Use pharmacy and medical technology systems in a manner that promotes:
- Fond du Lac computer use policies.
- Safe medication dispensing practices.
- Accurate clinical recordkeeping.
- Optimal health outcomes for Fond du Lac patients.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) privacy.
- Tight pharmaceutical inventory control.
- Cost-effective purchasing of medications.
- Promote the team approach to healthcare. Recognize the strengths/limitations that pharmacists provide when they engage in a healthcare team.
- Design and maintain pharmacy clinical program services to meet the needs of the Fond du Lac medical clinics, and other Human Services Division departments.
- Act as a pharmacy resource for patients, medical providers, and Fond du Lac Human Services administration.
- Manage clinical pharmacy services according to standards outlined in protocol and/or collaborative practice agreements.
- Actively review and update clinical care protocols to ensure that current guideline-based therapy is being used.
- Provide peer review for Fond du Lac pharmacists who are providing clinical patient care.
- Provide reports on clinical practice trends to the pharmacist in charge and pharmacy coordinator.
- Provide Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) reporting and data that will serve to improve patient care and pharmacy services.
- Ensure that pharmacy technicians, interns, and students are providing service in accordance with licensure status and Federal/State pharmacy laws.
- Complete continuing education requirements in order to maintain Minnesota Pharmacist Licensure and certifications required to provide clinical pharmacy services.
- Order medications and pharmaceutical supplies in a manner that upholds current requirements outlined in MN State Law and the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA).
- Manage inventory according to Fond du Lac pharmacy policies, and participate in year-end inventory processes.
- Act as an educational resource for health fairs and community outreach activities/events.
- Provide health promotion and disease prevention education.
- Provide active participation in topics addressed by Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. This may include gathering/summarizing drug information, research, therapeutic guidelines, and drug utilization trends.
- Provide active participation in pharmacy team meetings.
- Provide active participation in Human Services Division initiatives and meetings.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds is required.
- Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Some bending and stooping are required.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree; or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree with 4 years of experience.
- Registered Pharmacist with Minnesota License (MN RPh) is required, if not registered or licensed at the time of hire, must be registered or licensed within 6 months of hire, and must maintain registration and licensure for the duration of employment.
- Knowledge of computer software to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Native Americans clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720