|Title:||Alcohol & Drug Counselor III, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Position|
|Rate of Pay:||$24.00 - $27.60 per hour
(Sign on Bonus Available)
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) III will provide direct outpatient drug and alcohol counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs as an integral member of a multidisciplinary treatment team; and while assisting the program supervisor with all aspects of program operations.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment.
- Provide treatment planning per Fond du Lac Ordinance and the 12 core functions of counseling.
- Provide screening for and work with clients with a dual diagnosis of chemical dependency and mental health problems.
- Perform one to one counseling, conduct education groups and provide group support for Program clients and their families.
- Provide follow-up services for individual clients transitioning into the Fond du Lac Human Services Outpatient Treatment Program.
- Develop and provide appropriate educational materials for staff and community.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Provide clinical supervision as directed by program supervisor or department coordinator for ADC I and II.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- State Licensed ADC or equivalent or eligible for Fond du Lac Reservation Tribal Licensure.
- Must have a four-year degree in Human Services, Chemical Dependency or equivalent and completed an 880-hour internship.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC III license within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Must document competence in screening for and working with clients with mental health problems, through education, training, and experience.
- One year of group and counseling experience required.
- 12 hours in clinical and ethical supervision training preferred for supervision of ADC I and II.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720