|Title:||Golf Course Ranger/Starter, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone (218) 878-2340|
- The Ranger/Starter is expected to display courtesy.
- Monitor golfers to make sure rules of play are being followed.
- Maintain speed of play on golf course, noting start times, cart numbers, and providing suggestions to improve speed of play.
- Maintain good communications with the Pro Shop and cart departments via radio/telephone.
- Replace/refill water buckets for ball washers and club washers.
- Remove broken tees from tee boxes.
- Assist with cart staging in the a.m. and washing/parking carts at the end of day as necessary.
- Notify course pro shop and cart department of any downed golf carts and assist in the situation.
- Assist with group outings and events.
- Advise pro shop and maintenance departments of any potential maintenance problems pertaining to bad areas that need to be addressed by crew.
- Check water levels and cups at water stations.
- Report any complaints from customers directly to Pro Shop and course Manager.
- Assist with any on-course emergencies or incidents.
- Fill divots on the tee boxes or anywhere else as needed.
- Help clubhouse staff with deliveries, outside services, or other tasks as assigned by supervisors, administration, or management.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- The Ranger/Starters must be able to stand, sit, bend, reach and lift in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Good vision and coordination required for driving and operating assigned equipment.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions and work in a smoking environment.
- Knowledge of golf.
- Coordination Skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems.
- Required qualification includes a High School degree.
- Basic math skills.
- Prior work with the public desirable.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Incumbent is subjected to bonding, security checks and other pre-employment screening requirements.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718