|Title:||Maintenance Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||June 11, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
Responsible for maintaining the overall integrity of the Casino’s interior and exterior. This includes ensuring that all mechanical, electrical, steam and physical systems are well maintained and in good working order. Also responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of Maintenance staff to ensure the cleanliness and overall appearance of the Casino.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the Casino.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Casino. Supervises the janitorial and clean-up staff.
- Responsible for the mechanical, electrical/electronic, steam and physical systems for required operating the Casino.
- Maintain a working relationship with contractors/vendors to accomplish property maintenance and improvement goals.
- Responsible for supervising snow removal, grounds up keep, monitoring of chemical systems, meter readings, and any other duties pertaining to maintenance.
- Controls inventory and supply pertaining to cleaning and maintenance of the Casino.
- As a supervisor, is responsible for providing work direction, training, performance evaluations, and the full range of supervisory responsibilities (hiring, discipline, etc., of the janitorial and clean-up staff).
- Works with other department managers to address and assist with repairs and improvements as needed.
- Completes and submits assigned reports as required.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Casino.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Casino policy. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with Casino policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Casino, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-employees).
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Sedentary work with walking and standing required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including work in a smoking environment.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing, bending, and stooping.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated maintenance experience.
- Ability to lead and supervise.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, ventilation systems, sound systems, security systems, steam systems, and mechanical systems.
- Must be available evenings, weekends, holidays, and on call as necessary.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Driver’s license required.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
129 East Superior Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802