|Title:||Uniform Room Seamstress, Full/Part Time|
|Closing Date:||November 29, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 to $23.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: (218) 878-2340|
Under the supervision of the Administration Manager the Uniform Room Seamstress will be responsible for the implementing, planning, organizing, and alterations on the uniform clothing. The Administrative Assistant will assist in the supervision of the Uniform Room Seamstress in the absence of the Administration Manager. This position includes the alterations of all uniforms items for the assigned uniformed departments.
- Ability to give aid to an employee with immediate sewing and alterations due to uniform damages that occur while on duty or lend a set of clothing for the employee that is available from the uniform room.
- The Uniform Room Seamstress is expected to interact with each employee in a courteous and helpful manner throughout the day.
- Assumes all sewing and alterations responsibilities, fittings and assist in recording transactions.
- Is required to operate all sewing machines and other necessary sewing equipment and various tool items.
- Develop a systematic order to ensure all alteration items are completed in a timely manner.
- Be able to give a completion date to the employee for uniform pick up.
- Is required to order necessary supplies and equipment and/or shop and pickup necessary supplies and equipment when needed.
- Required to have plentiful supplies on hand and is able to provide light machine maintenance.
- Required to keep a planner of daily activities and to enter information into the computer uniform file.
- Capable of assisting in the monthly inventory of all uniforms stock on hand.
- Required to attend monthly team meetings, participate and ability to step up and interact with Administrative team.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognize that each employee is a representative of Black Bear Casino Resort, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-workers).
- Represent Black Bear Casino Resort in a positive and professional manner.
- Recognize that employees have certain person responsibilities that affect the operational efficiency of Black Bear Casino Resort.
- Maintain proper attendance according to the Black Bear Casino Resort policy.
- Provide proper notification to supervisor when an administrative employee is absent or late. Reports to work according to schedule.
- Comply with Black Bear Casino Resort and the Administrative department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Ensure that work station is clean at the end of shift.
- Due to changes and modifications in your job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management determines the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed in the description at this time. Ensure that work station is clean at the end of shift.
- Sedentary work with walking and standing required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions including working in a smoking environment.
- Three years of sewing experience.
- Previous experience using a sewing machine, over lock machine, blind stitch machine, heat seal, steam iron, scissors, rippers and bolt cutters is required.
- Knowledge in computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718