|Title:||Surveillance Operator II, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $21.50 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218-878-2340|
A Surveillance Operator 2 observes, records, reports and reviews on activity that occurs at the Black Bear Casino Resort. They protect the assets of the Casino by utilizing knowledge and training in various fields including regulatory law, cheating, scams, frauds and other means to achieve those ends. A Surveillance Operator 2 investigates actions that occur on the property in both live and recorded video, and then provides written and verbal reports on these events. When required the Surveillance Operator 2 will supervise the monitor room and ensure adherence to Surveillance Policies.
- Assists the surveillance manager, assistant surveillance manager and Lead Operator as needed.
- Investigates actions occurring on assigned shift.
- Provides necessary training and direction of surveillance personnel.
- Participates in training programs. Attends meetings and seminars when requested.
- Reviews previous shift reports and gains necessary information to ensure protection. Recommends possible changes to ensure safety of assets, space protection, and staff. Maintains staff at a professional level to achieve security of casino.
- Familiarizes self with equipment to include repair, set up and problem solving.
- Reports any infractions with proper documentation in a professional manner. Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to circumstances as they arise. Ensures the confidentiality of reports and activities of the department.
- Supervises staff as required and refers questionable decisions to the Lead Operator or manager. Communicates/interacts with staff and other casino employees when needed.
- Must be familiar with all functions of the surveillance room.
- As necessary, directs, supervises and delegates the activities of the surveillance department and personnel.
- Suggests improvements regarding policies throughout the casino.
- Safeguards the casino assets.
- Remains knowledgeable of the newest techniques of cheating in all areas of the casino. Understands policy and procedures pertaining to loss prevention and ensures all are within regulations. Formulates appropriate course of action from minor infractions to major infractions.
- Trains and orients surveillance personnel in strategy and tactics of detecting and documenting. Evaluates procedures. Suggests possible improvements when vulnerabilities of assets are detected.
- Schedules personnel appropriately to maintain maximum coverage.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds is required.
- Prolonged sitting, with some walking and standing is required.
- Subject to outside and inside environmental conditions: including working in a smoking environment.
- Knowledge of surveillance systems and equipment (cameras, DVRs, computers, etc.) is required.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the laws of the United States and State of Minnesota is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing and Excel is required.
- The ability to lead and supervise is required.
- Completion of blackjack/21 training is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stressful situations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player is required.
- A willingness to learn and adaptability are required.
- Demonstrated ability to take and follow directions is required.
- Operations are conducted seven days a week; 24 hours a day; and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718