|Title:||Slots Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||April 10, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
Actively manages the entire slot operation and all slot team members, ensuring all activities and job duties are performed according to established Company and departmental policies, procedures and goals.
- Responsible for the supervision of the slot staff to include the selection and retention of subordinates, approving and disapproving leave requests, evaluating performance, determining training needs, scheduling, disciplining, etc.
- Maintains personnel, payroll, and other assigned record keeping.
- Produces schedules based on appropriate business volumes and special events.
- Provides constructive input to team members regarding their work performance, including preparing and presenting performance appraisals.
- Maintains control logs of keys and radios, ensuring their security on property.
- Informs staff of special guests and other needs that may require special accommodation.
- Relating ideas for improvements.
- Knowing, understanding and complying with established Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensuring work place is hazard-free.
- Informs supervisor of all pertinent information and reporting any irregularities to the Company.
- Proficient and accurate in all job duties and taking advantage of opportunities to improve your job knowledge and performance.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule as needed.
- Cooperating with all departments during investigations if required.
- Maintaining a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention, performing all job duties in the safest possible manner, and immediately notifying the supervisor and completing an accident report if a personal accident does occur.
- Works with Director of Information Technology, Surveillance, Internal Audit, Accounting representatives, and other Black Bear Casino Resort management to plan and coordinate slot machine moves and changes.
- Cooperating and communicating with fellow team members in all departments and always striving for mutual respect and a feeling of camaraderie.
- Projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Accepting direction from supervisor and demonstrating ability to profit from constructive criticism.
- Contributing to the success of the organization by producing accomplishments rather than activities, completing your duties with enthusiasm and by helping fellow team members improve job skills and performance.
- Voluntarily assisting new team members to adjust to their work environment. • Ensures compliance with MICS requirements and pertinent Fond du Lac Tribal gaming laws.
- Deals with slot guests playing in an unethical or irregular manner or slot team member working in an unethical manner.
- Maintains constant awareness of services, promotions, and events offered by the Casino and informs guests.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Sedentary work with prolonged standing required.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, including working in a smoking environment.
- A.A. or A.A.S in casino management, business administration or a closely related field is required. Bachelor’s preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Slot Operations with 4 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Knowledge of Slot systems is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, data entry and/or databases, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- The ability to motivate staff through a teamwork approach.
- Proven leadership skills that include delegating as needed.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (weekends and holidays required), as well as covering shift manager duties/assigned shift as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718