|Title:||Human Resources Specialist, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||June 27, 2022|
|Rate of Pay:||$18.00 - $21.00|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
- Assists in the recruiting, screening, and interviewing processes and ensures all processes are in compliance with all policy, procedures, and ordinances.
- Coordinates and develops New Employee Orientation and onboarding for all new employees ensuring that paperwork is up to date and completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with other Human Resources locations to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and ordinances are consistent.
- The Human Resources Specialist updates records, maintains and ensures completeness of Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Monitors employee grievance process and facilitates as requested.
- Collaborates with management on supervisory concerns including corrective actions and performance appraisals.
- Monitors and assists with the accurate, complete and timely preparation of records, reports, and other documents.
- Prepares and processes personnel actions for the Divisions and programs. Works with the payroll to ensure that all personnel actions are correct and received in a timely manner.
- Gathers information and statistics for reports.
- In conjunction with Human Resources Management, develops forms for the Human Resources Division.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of all position descriptions; new and future job positions; ensuring they are classified correctly based on appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- A.A. or A.A.S degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or other closely related field; five years’ professional experience in Human Resources, or a combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Tribal Human Resources Professional Certification (THRP) is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of Fond du Lac policies, procedures, applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances which relate to Human Resources is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718