|Title:||Human Resources Receptionist/Secretary, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||March 22, 2023|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $20.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
The HR Receptionist/Secretary greets applicants, employees, department managers and guests in a courteous and helpful manner. She/he is responsible for ensuring a positive “first impression” with all who contact the Human Resource Department either by phone or in person. The HR Receptionist/Secretary keeps the main desk area in a neat and presentable condition. This position requires a flexible approach given the number of interruptions throughout the workday. The incumbent must be detail orientated with a high degree of accuracy.
- Responsible for greeting visitors to the Human Resource Department.
- Responsible for answering the telephones in a courteous and helpful manner, taking messages, and ensuring the appropriate personnel receive the message in a timely manner.
- Direct the public, salespersons, etc. to the appropriate department or personnel.
- Pass out job descriptions.
- Accept and check applications coming in to HR.
- Keep original applications in file cabinet behind desk.
- Copy and fax as needed.
- Help with job folders.
- File applications and pull expired ones as needed.
- Assist with closing out interview packets as needed.
- Track and order office supplies needed.
- Mail and fax advertisement to internal and external entities.
- Handles and tracks billing for advertisements in newspapers.
- Assists in the various tasks as assigned by the HR Manager, or his/her designate.
- Completes the distribution of mail with accuracy and prepares outgoing mail.
- Assists with filing as required.
- Transcribe taped content or types from rough draft.
- Completes all assigned data entry.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
- Cross Training is a mandatory function of HR.
- Recognize that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Reservation.
- Maintain proper attendance in accordance with reservation policy. Report to work on time in accordance with reservation policy. Provide adequate notice to of supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with reservation policy.
- Recognize that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac, and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (visitors, co-employees).
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management deems necessary. Some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
- Sedentary work.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions including working in a smoking environment.
- Preferred high school diploma or GED.
- One year or more experience with in an Office environment, and familiarity with office operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of various computer applications is required (Microsoft, Excel, Access).
- Ability to type at a minimum rate of 40 words per minute accurately.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment and machinery (Fax machines, copiers).
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Possess the ability to work independently and take direction.
- Subject to a pre-employment, post accident, return-to-duty, follow-up, and random drug testing in addition to a comprehensive background check.
- Must become knowledgeable of Tribal and Tero laws.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718