|Title:||Groundskeeper, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $17.05 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Services, Phone: 218 878-2340|
- Operates heavy machinery such as loaders. Backhoes, Snowplows, graders. etc. Operates mowers, trimmers, and hand tools in maintenance and repair operations. Trims trees, plants trees, landscapes, and keeps grounds in good physical condition. Possesses knowledge of fertilization and planting.
- Completes and submits all paperwork and logs all necessary information.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings. Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Good vision (with or without glasses) is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Any combination of education. work experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position is required.
- Ability to use power and hand tools effectively and safely is required.
- Ability to trim trees, cut lawns, landscape, and snowplow, shovel walks, and otherwise keep grounds in good physical condition is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718