|Title:||Golf Youth Cart Attendant, Part Time Seasonal|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Contact:||Black Bear Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
The Cart Attendant is responsible for general upkeep and cleanliness of the Carts and service of the Golf Course. Provide excellent and prompt customer service to players and guests of the Golf Course. The cart attendant is expected to display courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with the customer, visitors and fellow employees. We wish to be known for outstanding customer service and friendliness; therefore this is top priority in all positions. Knowledge of golf course rules is essential.
- Gets carts for players in advance of play.
- Meets, greets, and assists all players with bags at the parking lot.
- Ensures that all carts and the cart area are clean before staging and before parking at the end of day.
- Checks all cart fluids, batteries, and battery connections, tire pressure and related equipment on a daily basis.
- Fills sand bottles on cart.
- Performs minor cart maintenance (air pressure, changing tires, and tightening loose connections).
- Operates cart-cleaning equipment.
- Assists on course when there is a downed cart.
- Club cleaning when players are coming off the course.
- Maintains close communications with the pro-shop regarding cart numbers, etc. and rangers/starters regarding downed carts via radio/telephone.
- Assists clubhouse staff with deliveries, outside services and other tasks as assigned by supervisors, administration, and management.
- Assist supervisor as requested.
- Maintains proper attendance accordance with Gold Course policy.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management see necessary. Some assignments may not be listed in this description.
- Stand, sit, bend, reach, and lift.
- Prolonged walking and standing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Good vision and coordination required for driving and operating assigned equipment.
- Typically, Cart Attendant workstation is outdoors in the cart area and indoors in the cart storage area.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be required to periodically work in a smoking environment.
- Participation in this program requires Fond du Lac enrolled youth not younger than 16 years of age and not over 18 years of age as of June 1 of any given season. If a youth turns 19 during the season he or she may finish the year. The following season he or she must then apply for a regular position if one is available.
- Must be able to work between 15 and 25 hours per week.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Knowledge of golf.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service skill.
- Prior work with the public desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718