|Title:||Food & Beverage Supervisor, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Rate of Pay:||$16.00 - $23.00 per hour|
|Contact:||Human Resources, Phone: 218-878-2340|
Responsible for ensuring operations of the venue and Employee performances are in accordance with the Black Bear Casino Resort policies, procedures and Gaming regulations, on a assigned shift. This position ensures that all guests have a great experience when visiting our Food and Beverage venues. A high level of guest service is expected. This position provides support to the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Enforce performance standards, policies and procedures as they relate to Venue operations, monitor Food Server service on the dining floor. Ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest service and Employee relations are maintained and carried out in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards/regulations as well as all applicable beverages, federal, state, tribal and local laws/ordinances.
- Assist Venue Manager with scheduling of Employees and ensuring correct staffing levels and adjustments are made in accordance with guest needs.
- Monitor the job performance of all Venue Service Employees and provides feedback on it to aid the Employees in developing and enhancing skills.
- Provide input to the Venue Manager concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of improvement.
- Responsible for promoting positive Guest Relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Review, recommend and suggest hiring, suspending, transferring, promoting, evaluating, disciplining and terminating all service Employees in a fair and equitable manner.
- Responsible for listening to, evaluating and handling Guest complaints in a way that satisfies the guest to their satisfaction.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as Black Bear Casino internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record in accordance with Casino policy.
- Report to work on time with accordance with Casino policy.
- Promotes self-development by participating on Education and Performance program.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication throughout the venue, through daily pre-shift meetings.
- Encourage mutual respect among Employees by setting positive examples.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Must attend all required Title 31/SAR training.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to: Talk and hear. See and adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral visions; Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch and/or crawl; Handle objects, tools and controls; reach with arms and hands.
- Lift and/or move objects weighing up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Able to walk or run as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly exposed to: A low-to-moderate noise level; A moderate to loud noise level (public area); Second hand cigarette, cigar smoke; Chemical solutions such as cleaning and polishing compound.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant experience required.
- 1 year of Food & Beverage supervisory experience required.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Gaming license.
- Must satisfactory complete a probationary period.
- Must be computer literate with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Serv-Safe Certification preferred.
- Alcohol awareness certification preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group situations, and to moderate-sized gatherings of Employees and/or other managers.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations, in order to collect data, analyze facts, and determine appropriate response.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718